Thursday, February 6, 2014

Talk about cs learning experience in midterm week.

This is a busy week. Although have to finish many tests and assignments this week, I paid my attention to computer science as usual. 
 
In this week, our lectures also focus on recursion. This weeks lecture really helps me understand recursion much better. The Tower of Hanoi is a very good example which shows how we can useful recursion is and how we can use recursion to solve problems in daily life. Another topic we discussed in our lecture this week is scope. Python looks or goes through the code in order. It is very important for us to know which order it is because this order can influence the efficiency of code. More importantly, it helps us know how our functions run which lets us know how to arrange the code properly and figure out the mistakes easily. By the way, we can clearly see the order which python looks with the online visualizer. 
 
 
Here, I want to talk about the assignment 1. I did not started it before yesterday because of my midterm tests. After I read the handout of assignment 1, I think that it is really interesting. When I was a child, I often play this game on my game boy! 
 
 

This game is harder than 星のカービィ (Kirby) which is more popular in our school. As a girl, I really like playing video games. I played games like Metal Slug with boys in our class and my little cousin when I was a primary school student. I think that is why I choose computer science. Computer is a really amazing invention. People can use it to do almost everything! I want to know it , to get familiar with it. All the things we can do are all build up on millions lines of code. This assignment reminds me of my first inspiration of computer. 
 
I will talk more about the assignment next week after I finish it.
 

 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment